The full form of ITI is Industrial Training Institute and it is a government training organization responsible for providing high school students with industry-related education. At the same time, some trades can still be applied after the 8th grade. Specifically, these institutes are set up to offer technical information to students who have just passed the 10th level and are interested in gaining some technical knowledge rather than higher education. ITI is established by the Directorate-General for Employment and Training (DGET), the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship and the Government of the Union to provide training in different trades.
Across India, there are many ITIs, both governmental and private, that offer vocational training to students. Aspirants will appear for the All India Trade Test (AITT) once the training is complete National Trade Certificate (NTC) is issued to qualified applicants.
The main goal of an ITI is to train its candidates for the industry, to prepare them to be ready for work. ITIs also administer apprenticeship courses to make this possible.
Duration of The course
ITIs in India provide ‘trades’ training programs. Every trade is based on a particular sector or skillset. The timeline for ITI courses will vary from 6 months to 2 years. Course length depends on the type and course nature.
Types of Courses
ITI courses are broadly classified into two types. They are
- Engineering trades
- Non-engineering trades
Engineering courses are trades focused on technique. They concentrate on engineering, science, maths and technology concepts. Typically non-engineering courses are not of a technical degree. They concentrate on languages, soft skills, and other sector-specific competencies and expertise.
Eligibility Criteria for ITI
Eligibility requirements differ from Course to Course. Some of the elements are listed below.
- The Applicant must have passed 10th grade from a recognized board. Or any other examination which is known as 10th standard.
- The candidate should have obtained at least 35 per cent aggregate.
- The candidate’s age during the admission period must be between 14 and 40 years.
List of engineering and Nn- engineering courses(trades)-
- Electrician-2 years
- Fitter- 2 years
- Mechanical- 2 years
- Surveyor- 2 years
- IT- 2 years
- Tool & Die Maker Engineering-3 years
- Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering-2 years
- Diesel Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Pump Operator-1 year
- Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Turner Engineering-2 year
- Draughtsman (Civil) Engineering-2 year
- Dress Making-1 year
- Manufacture Foot Wear-1 year
- Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering-2 year
- Secretarial Practice-1 year
- Machinist Engineering-1 year
- Hair & Skin Care-1 year
- Refrigeration Engineering-2 year
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing-1 year
- Mech. Instrument Engineering-2 year
- Bleaching & Dyeing Calico Print-1 year
- Vessel Navigator
- Cabin or Room Attendant
- Computer-Aided Embroidery And Designing
- Corporate House Keeping
- Counselling Skills
- Creche Management
- Driver Cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle)
- Data Entry Operator
- Domestic House Keeping
- Event Management Assistant
- Front Office Assistant
- Hospital Waste Management
- Institution House Keeping
- Insurance Agent
- Weaving Technician
- Library & Information Science
- Medical Transcription
- Network Technician
- Old Age Care Assistant
- Para Legal Assistant or Munshi
- Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
- Spa Therapy
- Tourist Guide
- Baker & Confectioner
- Web Designing and Computer Graphics
- Cane Willow and Bamboo Worker
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Craftsman Food Production (General)
- Craftsman Food Production (Vegetarian)
- Cutting and Sewing
- Desktop Publishing Operator
- Digital Photographer
- Dress Making
- Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery)
- Fashion Design and Technology
- Finance Executive
- Fire Technology
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Footwear Maker
- Basic Cosmetology
- Health Safety and Environment
- Health Sanitary Inspector
- Hospital House Keeping
- Human Resource Executive
- Leather Goods Maker
- Litho Offset Machine Minder
- Marketing Executive
- Multimedia Animation and Special Effects
- Office Assistant cum Computer Operator
- Plate Maker cum Impostor
- Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables
- Process Cameraman
- Secretarial Practice (English)
Eligibility for ITI course-
- the student must have passed class 10th for most of the courses or 8th for some non-engineering courses.
- students who have completed 12th also can join the ITI course.
- the minimum age should be above 14 years.
- the maximum age should be less than 40 years.
- for government colleges, students have to clear the entrance exams.
ITI FULL FORM
The full form of ITI is Industrial Training Institute. Mainly this is a government organization in India that provides industrial training to High school students. ITI institute gives the training industrial. This organization gives the proper industrial training to the interested candidates in High School who does not get more education further and want technical knowledge. ITI is established by the Directorate-General for Employment and Training (DGET). The ministry of skill development and Entrepreneurship has decided to add the best ITI trades for the students.
Currently, there are many ITI institutes that provide the proper industrial training. There are two types of ITI institutes Government and Private. But both certificates are the value there is no more difference. Aspirants will appear for the All India Trade Test (AITT) once the training is complete National Trade Certificate (NTC) is issued to qualified applicants.
The main purpose of the ITI is to provide quality training about industry and mechanisms. At this time there is a big demand for ITI in the railway along with other govt jobs like DRDO etc. Candidates who hold the best ITI trade would help in securing the govt and private jobs.
Best ITI Trade After 10th & 12th
ITI Full Form – Industrial Training Institute
Duration of ITI Trade
Generally, the ITI trade duration is 6 months to 2 years it depending on the trades. Few trades are 2 years like Electrician, Fitter, Mechanic etc. But of them are 6 months. If you want to use your ITI certificate in govt organization do it for 2 years mainly Railway or DRDO demon 2 years ITI trade holders. So candidates must go for two years if they want to become railway employees or train drivers.
There are many best ITI trades for us but which is the best ITI course. This is a burning question in the young who is going to the course. It provides training in various trades such as Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Hardware, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding, Fitter, etc. overall this provides engineering and nanoengineering training to the students.
Best ITI trade for Railway
What is the ITI Full Form?
I think you have got the full name of ITI and its work. Generally, students after passing high school go to take admission for ITI. But the question is which is the best and most demanding ITI trade for govt and private jobs. Mainly students take the trade for railway and self business. Although all trades are very important Electricians, Maintenance, Mechanics, Fitter are the best ITI trade for train drivers and railway jobs. The full form of ITI is the industrial Training institute.
The goal of establishing ITIs was to provide technical manpower to the rapidly growing industrial sector. Mainly this organization comes under the government of India. When a student completes the ITI course he goes under training for one or two years for practical knowledge. Practical training is mandatory for each student for getting the NCVT certificate. Every ITI institute follows the govt guidelines. ITI govt institute trains the whole of India including fees famous states like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and many more.
Types of ITI Course
Do you know how many types of ITI Trade? Generally, ITI trades are two types are given below.
- Engineering trades
- Non-engineering trades
In engineering trades mainly candidates are given training in the technical. They concentrate on engineering, science, math and technology concepts. In this Non-Engineering course, candidates are given training, not of a technical degree. The purpose of this training is on languages, soft skills, and other sector-specific like drawing, English speaking and many more.
Admission Process of ITI
Most of the Govt and Private institutes take the admission of the candidates based on the merit of High school. But few institutes take the entrance exam to select the candidates. The admission process to ITI depends on the institute and release the selection process in admission.
ITI Full Form in Railway
If we talk about ITI’s full meaning from a railway point of view. The ITI full form goes the same in Railway or another department. So ITI’s full name in Railway is Industrial Training Institute. We have provided the full details about ITI in full form and meaning. To know about the full meaning of Industrial Training Institute.
Both the government and reputable private organisations rely on a merit-based admissions process. To select eligible candidates, such institutes conduct a written examination. Some private institutes are thought to use a direct admissions process.
What are the eligibility conditions for admission in an ITI?
What is the admission process in an ITI?
The eligibility conditions for each course vary. The following are some of the elements.
- The applicant must have completed a recognised 10th grade(Or any other exam that is referred to as 10th standard).
- The candidate’s overall grade point average should be at least 35%.
- During the entrance period, the candidate’s age must be between 14 and 40 years old.
Is ITI a name of a diploma?
Yes, the ITI is a technical diploma. ITI equips applicants with abilities that are commonly demanded in companies and manufacturing sectors.